International Students May 13, 2021 en I20 Visa I-20: A U.S. form issued to a foreign student by an American college or vocational school approved by the Department of Homeland Security. It certifies that a student is eligible to apply for a visa and is used for proof of a student’s legal, academic, and employment status in the United States.

F-1 Visa: Issued by the U.S. to a foreign student for full-time academic study. To obtain it, a student must have been accepted by an American college or vocational school and have been issued an I-20 form, be able to pay for his or her education, and show that he or she intends to leave the U.S. after studies are completed.

Sevis: The Student and Exchange Visitor Information System is an Internet database that tracks international students studying and working in the U.S. It is maintained by the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of State. More than one million records are tracked in Sevis.

Curricular Practical Training: CPT authorizes foreign students to engage in off-campus work, cooperative education, and internships. The work must be considered an integral part of a degree program. A student must maintain full-time status, and an undergraduate must complete a full academic year before receiving CPT.


The Integrated Learning Center is a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) certified school and authorized by the U.S. Domestic Homeland Security (DHS) to issue I-20 forms. ILC’s International Student Division (ISD) is responsible for issuing I-20 documents and advising foreign students on immigration regulations. The ISD enters international students’ data and updates/reports any changes through SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System). See


To apply, complete and submit the ILC Admission Application (Download in Word
or in Adobe Acrobat PDF format)

ILC is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students. Our goal is to be able to answer all your questions and make your life in New York enjoyable and easier. Our International Student Division provides services to:

  • Students who do not reside in the USA and wish to request an I-20 document from ILC, in order to apply for an F-1 visa at the U.S Embassy or Consulate in their home country.
  • Students who are attending another school in the USA and who want to transfer to ILC.
  • Non-immigrant individuals staying in the USA who want to change their visa status into F-1 student visa.
  • Non-immigrant F-1 students who fall out of status for reasons beyond their control who may be eligible to apply for a reinstatement of status. Please contact our International Student Division to determine if reinstatement is an option.

Contact us for more information